How a add SQL Login to SQL Server
1-Login to SSMS with Windows Authentication
2-Click on Security/Login
3-RC Login/Add New Login
4-Enter name/Choose SQL Authentication/Enter strong password(8 characters min with
special key @#...) and click OK.
SECOND STEP: Assign grants
1-Login in again with Windows Auth
2-Click on Databases then choose the db on which you want to assign User
3-Go to security(inside the db) then Users
4-RC Users/Add New User
5-Click on Eclipse after Login name and select login will popup
6-Enter first 2 letters of the user you want to add and click on Check Name Button
7-Choose the name of the user you added on first step and click OK twice.
8-Copy the same name on step 7 and paste on the textbox after Username
9-Under Schemas owned by this user choose appropriate schemas especially db_datareader,
db_datawriter,db_datacessadmin,db_owner).You can add more later.
10-Database role membership choose roles for this user(Usually the same as 9) and click OK.
You done with SQL Authentication.
Start SSMS and login with the user and password you just created. Make sure you choose SQL Server Authentication.
- CRUD operations with LINQ To SQL(ASP.NET 3.5)
- Do you know the Best developers IDE?
- Do you know which version of AJAX Toolkit to use f...
- XScheduler will be release end September 2009 ea...
- How to get the current Primary Key from GridView(A...
- New To LINQ To SQL?Watch this video
- Introduction to Windows Live Cloud Services
- How to bind XML Data to GridView or DataGrid?
- Free HTML control for your VS 2005/2008 Projects
- How to configure Visual Studio 2005/2008 to use En...
- How to Enable Administrator Account on Vista
- Best VB.NET 2005/2008 Books
- SQL Server 2005 Authentication
- Solution to this error:Maximum stored procedure, f...
- How to hack "Failed to query a list of database na...
- How to color a row of DataGrid in ASP.NET 2.0/3.5...
- ▼ August (18)
- Raleigh, NC, United States