Here is the quickest way to configure visual studio to use Enterprise Library.
-Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/ 2008 development system (any of the following editions):
Team Edition for Software Developers
Team Edition for Software Testers
Team Edition for Software Architects
-For the Data Access Application Block, the following is also required:
A database server running a database that is supported by a .NET Framework 2.0/3.5 data provider. This includes SQL Server 2000 or later
-To run the Unit Tests, the following is also required:
Visual Studio 2008 Professional or Visual Studio 2008 Team Edition. Enterprise Library includes both unit test binaries and source code.
-For the Logging Application Block, the following is also required:
Stores to maintain log messages. If you are using the MsmqTraceListener trace listener to store log messages, you need a message queue. If you are using the DatabaseTraceListener trace listener to store log messages, you need a database server. If you are using the EmailTraceListener trace listener to store log messages, you need an SMTP server.
After these requirements you need to download Enterprise Library 4.0 - May 2008
(It working fine for both VS2005/2008).
Download it here
After you download it open both Visual Studio 2005/2008 and Enterprise Configuration Libary tool(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library May 2008\bin bleu icon)
-After you open the config tool you need add Data Access Block from it.You will see this image
-Right Click(RC) on Enterprise Library Configuration and choose New Application
-After that RC on Application Configuration and choose New then Data Access Application Block
-Change the connection Name and string that will match the connection string of your applicatio.
Database=Database;//name of your database
Server=(local)\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI //name of your server
-Save it on the location of your application aroung web.config or app.config
-Open VS 2005/2008 ,RC on web.config and add these 3 configurations between configuration tags(You can get this by openning the saved configuration from the tool)
That`s all you need to get started with Enterprise Library Configuration .
You are ready to start Data Access Block.
- CRUD operations with LINQ To SQL(ASP.NET 3.5)
- Do you know the Best developers IDE?
- Do you know which version of AJAX Toolkit to use f...
- XScheduler will be release end September 2009 ea...
- How to get the current Primary Key from GridView(A...
- New To LINQ To SQL?Watch this video
- Introduction to Windows Live Cloud Services
- How to bind XML Data to GridView or DataGrid?
- Free HTML control for your VS 2005/2008 Projects
- How to configure Visual Studio 2005/2008 to use En...
- How to Enable Administrator Account on Vista
- Best VB.NET 2005/2008 Books
- SQL Server 2005 Authentication
- Solution to this error:Maximum stored procedure, f...
- How to hack "Failed to query a list of database na...
- How to color a row of DataGrid in ASP.NET 2.0/3.5...
- ▼ August (18)
- Raleigh, NC, United States