Saturday, August 22, 2009

Introduction to Windows Live Cloud Services

Hi readers,





All IT compagnies are moving from traditional computer systems into cloud computing.


The good news is Microsoft invested a lot into it.


As a programmer and a member of MSDN network i invested myself into this too.


I am working on a Business Process/Workflow program which will be published soon on sourceforge.net and i need a chat control for the chart section of my project.I created a C# class library project which has all the functionality i needed for chat purposes.But i need something quick and fast.I have 1000 lines of code to review .So i checked Windows Live Services and i found a control that fit my need.


Here is a link to live service: link


To get started with Windows Live Controls(work both with VS 2005/2005) i precompile required bin on my download page .Copy Live Chat Bin here


Here are the steps:


Step1: Unzip Live Chat Bin and copy them into the bin section of your web project.





Step2: Open toolbox window from VS ,add a new tab and select choose items.Locate the ddl from step1 and click ok .You should see something like this:











Step 3:Drag any control from the list( i picked MessengerChat in my case).


NB :Remember to set PrivacyStatementUrl in order for MessengerChat to work properly.


The output shoud look like this after you run the browser:









Again thank you for you emails.

Talley Ouro
johnstalley@live.com
.Net Web & Windows Developer

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Raleigh, NC, United States
I am a software developer based in Raleigh,NC,USA.I design softwares and systems ;i also do consulting for companies worldwide.I program with these languages:VB.NET 2003/2005/2008;C#;Java(fun),SQL(200,2005,2008);ASP.NET 2.0/3.5;ASP.NET AJAX;ASP.NET MVC;JavaScript;JQuery;Windows Workflow Foundation;Web Services.I have 4 years + in programming.