Sometimes ASP.NET Configuration Tool(ASP.NET) is a pain in the ass when trying to add aspnet.db for role management.
By default on Vista the current user on the machine is not a member of SysAdmin on SQL Server 2005/2008.
So here is the trick.
1-Open Sql Server Surface Area Configuration tool from C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008.
2-When the screen pops up click on Add New Administrator.
-on top right make sure that User to provision=Username of the pc
-on your left (Available Privileges) select Member of SQL Server SysAdmin and click on the right arrow (>)
-click ok and you should be ready to go.
My name is Talley Ouro,Developer in Raleigh,NC
- CRUD operations with LINQ To SQL(ASP.NET 3.5)
- Do you know the Best developers IDE?
- Do you know which version of AJAX Toolkit to use f...
- XScheduler will be release end September 2009 ea...
- How to get the current Primary Key from GridView(A...
- New To LINQ To SQL?Watch this video
- Introduction to Windows Live Cloud Services
- How to bind XML Data to GridView or DataGrid?
- Free HTML control for your VS 2005/2008 Projects
- How to configure Visual Studio 2005/2008 to use En...
- How to Enable Administrator Account on Vista
- Best VB.NET 2005/2008 Books
- SQL Server 2005 Authentication
- Solution to this error:Maximum stored procedure, f...
- How to hack "Failed to query a list of database na...
- How to color a row of DataGrid in ASP.NET 2.0/3.5...
- ▼ August (18)
- Raleigh, NC, United States